What we do
Join the revolution at Augmentus—a global AI-robotics company that's pushing the boundaries of robotic automation. With our cutting-edge technologies, we're blazing a trail in intelligent 3D scanning and AI-powered robot motion planning. Imagine unleashing your creativity without any coding constraints—our platform empowers non-technical operators to program robots in just minutes instead of months. From rapid digitization of robot cells to the seamless generation of complex robot motion, our proprietary solutions redefine automation efficiency and brings intelligence to robotics.
At Augmentus, we're not just reimagining robotics, we're transforming the human-machine interface itself. Join us and be part of the force democratizing robotic automation, shaping a future where people work with robots, not like robots.
- Hybrid working arrangement (1 day WFH per week)
- Professional development: External upskilling courseworks in soft and hard skills
- Provision of Employee Stock Options
- In-house facilities (wide selection of food, drinks and entertainment) as well as close proximity to sports facilities
- Flexi-benefit of $300 per year for travel and equipment
- Company culture:
- Open and low hierarchy for better learning opportunities as well as direct interaction with founders
- Frequent outing activities for team bonding
- Quarterly 1-on-1 dialogues with founders for anonymous feedback
- Coverage on health insurance
- Competitive leave structure (18 annual, 1 birthday, 6 childcare, 10 paternity)
- Performance bonus
- Direct access to wide range of advanced robotic systems and equipment
About your role
- Lead a small team of robotics developers, providing technical mentorship, guidance, and oversight of development tasks involving robot kinematics and motion planning.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including software developers, product managers, designers and robotic experts to design, develop, and optimize software solutions for robotic systems.
- Utilize your expertise in robot kinematics and motion planning algorithms to design and implement efficient and accurate control strategies for robotic motion.
- Develop and maintain robotics software modules that incorporate path planning, collision avoidance, trajectory optimization, and real-time control.
- Apply your deep understanding of robotics principles to troubleshoot technical challenges, optimize performance, and ensure robust functionality of robotic systems.
- Oversee the complete development lifecycle of robotic software implementations, from initial design and prototyping to final implementation and deployment.
- Stay current with advancements in robotics technology and industry trends, incorporating the latest research and best practices into your team's work.
- Mentor and guide team members, fostering their technical growth and encouraging innovation.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, provide technical insights to non-technical stakeholders, and present project updates.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by identifying opportunities to enhance processes, workflows, and tools.
- Extensive experience as a Robotics Developer with a strong focus on kinematics, motion planning, and software development, as demonstrated by a portfolio of successful projects.
- Proven experience leading and managing a small team of engineers, with a track record of effective technical leadership and mentorship.
- Solid expertise in robot kinematics, inverse kinematics, and motion planning algorithms.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in robotics, such as Python, C++, or ROS.
- Experience with optimization techniques and tools for robotic motion planning.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative mindset to tackle complex robotics challenges.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and explain technical concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
Nice to Have
- Master's or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with real-time control systems and 3D scanning technologies.
- Previous experience with industrial automation and collaborative robotics.
- Knowledge of machine learning applied to robotics control.
- Published research or patents in the field of robotics.