What we do
Join the revolution at Augmentus—a global AI-robotics company that's pushing the boundaries of robotic automation. With our cutting-edge technologies, we're blazing a trail in intelligent 3D scanning and AI-powered robot motion planning. Imagine unleashing your creativity without any coding constraints—our platform empowers non-technical operators to program robots in just minutes instead of months. From rapid digitization of robot cells to the seamless generation of complex robot motion, our proprietary solutions redefine automation efficiency and brings intelligence to robotics.
At Augmentus, we're not just reimagining robotics, we're transforming the human-machine interface itself. Join us and be part of the force democratizing robotic automation, shaping a future where people work with robots, not like robots.
- Hybrid working arrangement (1 day WFH per week)
- Professional development: External upskilling courseworks in soft and hard skills
- Provision of Employee Stock Options
- In-house facilities (wide selection of food, drinks and entertainment) as well as close proximity to sports facilities
- Flexi-benefit of $500 per year for travel and equipment
- Company culture:
- Open and low hierarchy for better learning opportunities as well as direct interaction with founders
- Frequent outing activities for team bonding
- Quarterly 1-on-1 dialogues with founders for anonymous feedback
- Coverage on health insurance
- Competitive leave structure (18 annual, 1 birthday, 6 childcare, 10 paternity)
- Performance bonus
- Direct access to wide range of advanced robotic systems and equipment
About your role
- Lead and manage a small team of application engineers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and overseeing the deployments.
- Collaborate closely with customers and internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and conduct deployments that align with their needs.
- Design, develop, and deploy robotic applications, including integration with various hardware components, sensors, and software systems.
- Oversee the full lifecycle of system deployments, from implementation, commissioning to training, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality outcomes.
- Utilize your deep understanding of robotic systems to troubleshoot technical challenges, optimize performance, and ensure robust functionality of applications.
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying opportunities to enhance existing processes, streamline workflows, and adopt best practices in robotics development.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the team, offering guidance on complex technical issues, design decisions, and engineering principles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, hardware engineers, and product managers, to ensure successful project execution.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in robotics technology and industry trends, applying this knowledge to guide the team's work and contribute to innovation.
- Act as a technical liaison between the team and stakeholders, presenting project updates, technical insights, and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extensive experience as an Application Engineer in the field of robotics, with a track record of successful project development and deployment.
- Proven experience leading and managing a small team of engineers, with strong leadership, mentorship, and communication skills.
- Solid expertise in robotic systems, including kinematics, sensors, actuators, and control algorithms.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used by various robotics brands, including ABB, Kuka, Universal robots, Mitsubishi.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams, customers, and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
Nice to Have
- Master's or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with industrial automation and machine vision, applied to robotics.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Gazebo or Unity for robotic testing and development.
- Experience with agile project management methodologies.